The Manager of our Firms’ Reception and Calendars will build relationships with our former, current, and potential new clients by phone and in person, when they visit our office. This position also supports our legal teams by calling clients to provide case updates, scheduling and keeping track of appointments and events and obtaining important documents.
Client/Visitor Focused Tasks
- Create a positive, impactful, professional first impression on behalf of the firm by phone, in person and by email.
- Answer Incoming Calls.
- Direct incoming calls as appropriate.
- Provide information to incoming callers as appropriate.
- Interact with the courts and administrative agencies regarding hearings, motions and other appearances.
- Schedule client and third-party calls and meetings.
- Maintain attorneys’ calendars and the Firm Master Calendar, ensuring calendars are accurate, organized and synchronized.
- Retrieve answering service messages and emails and ensure that they receive a prompt reply. Return calls if needed.
- Ensure that messages are added to the client database.
- Receive mail, deliveries, and packages.
- Direct all mail and deliveries to the proper person.
- Stamp the date received on all incoming mail and dispose of junk mail.
- File documents in appropriate client files & sub-files.
- Organize documents in both paper and electronic files and maintain them per procedures.
- Perform other general office duties as requested.
- Make copies/ scan documents.
- Prepare and send legal correspondence as directed by attorneys.
- Take notes during new client intake meetings.
- Set up new client files.
- Assist with documenting policies and procedures for your areas of responsibility.
- Employees will immediately inform the Practice Manager when they require assistance to complete a task or if they do not understand how to complete a task or objective.
- Employees will always be courteous and patient, without exception.
- Employees will always cooperate and collaborate with everyone who works for the Firms.
- Employees will attend Firm meetings, either in person or virtually with a positive attitude, answer questions promptly and do everything possible to contribute to the meeting and the Firms’ missions.
- Employees will follow Firm policies and procedures.
- Employees will be accurate and honest at all times in their work and when answering questions.
- Employees will take personal responsibility and will focus on problem solving, not blaming others.
- You smile when you answer the phone.
- You have great organization skills and can think on your feet.
- You have brains, creativity, integrity, and a sense of humor.
- You love being an ambassador for a mission and team that deliver meaningful results to others and support your ethics and philosophies.
- You are proficient with calendar programs, Microsoft Office and contact management software.
- You love creating and following procedures and systems because they make your job easier.
- You can communicate with prospects and contacts with a sincere and warm smile, even on your “bad days”.
- You have strong grammar and proofreading capabilities.
- You always present professionally, and you can see how our firms’ work will help you achieve your personal goals.
The candidate we seek has intelligence and imagination. You should be able to demonstrate good judgment, the ability to prioritize your activities with minimal supervision to meet deadlines and coordinate cheerfully with your fellow team members to get the job done.
You should have an above-average ability to learn and adapt as our businesses grow. In fact, we’d love to find someone who can see the big picture and then make recommendations for all the nitty-gritty details to make things better instead of waiting around for instructions.
We are looking for a long-term relationship with the right candidate. At our law firms we like to work hard and deliver unexcelled results to our clients. We give praise, and correction, early and often. You have thick-enough-skin and enough back-bone not to take constructive criticism personally. Absolutely no “toxic” personalities are permitted on our teams.
The Receptionist should have a high school diploma.
The Receptionist should have some prior office experience, and experience with business phone systems and office computer systems and software.
To apply, attach your resume and prepare a cover letter with no more than ONE short paragraph that explains specifically why you applied to this particular ad. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
We look forward to reviewing your application.